Monday, May 22, 2006

Weekly Update

Weekly Update

We had a great trip to Yosemite this week-end. Kids and my wife had lots of fun. Finally my wife is feeling confident about me that I can actually plan and execute the trips in a nice and better experience way. Even after long trips (while going it took almost 7 to 8 hrs due to road diversion ) . Also N fell sick on sat evening so I have to take care of both the kids still I could . So I came out with increased confidence from this trip.

Next month I am planning top take a trip to LA/Disney and I am going to drive to LA and I am feeling confident that I can handle it.

On the health front lets say things are stable. I got rid of that useless psychiatrist and now booking appt with a new one. I am able to control MDD fine but I have to increase the dose and now I am taking slightly more than max dose. If my need kept increasing than I am not sure how I am going to manage it.

Here off-late I have kind of improved my attitude towards money. I am now willing to spend more money for better service and better overall value. So I am spending good amount of money on hotels, trips, books , music etc. This is in direct contrast to typical middle class Indian mentality wherein high priority in terms of spending goes to Big Home, Nice Car, Children’s education , Children’s clothes , children’s theme parks etc. and lesser or no priority is given to spending on hotels, books, music , nature oriented (less kids type) trips etc … A lot of Indians consider spending on these things as waste of money.

So for my LA trip one of my friend’s family is also meeting us at LA. They will be flying from Colorado. He is already worried over spending so much on air fares and then when he sees me spending 130 doll per day on a hotel (just for sleeping) he is not impressed. He has already selected a cheaper hotel for $88 per night. I am little unsure how to handle this situation. I want to avoid a situation where there is some rift becoz of we (or lets say they) opting for different hotel. Lets hope we can handle it in a better way.

I am becoming more regular in writing my English blog. This is making me happy and becoming a nice vent for me. However my Hindi blog is doomed and I haven’t updated it for so long. Part of the reason is that it is very easy to type in English vs typing in Hindi. Anyway if things improve than I will start writing for my Hindi blog soon.






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?