Thursday, December 09, 2004

Relation with L

I have been thinking about my relationship with L. He is almost 9 yrs junior to me in work. I was respponsible for their training and initial grooming at work in india then I had come to US. He had also come here sometime back. He is a very good tennis player so about 2-3 months back I had also started playing with me. But his tennis level is abt 5 whereas mine is abt 3. Initially he was quite enthusiatic to coach and help me in learning tennis. But now he avoids me. Now I have managed to find some new people as my tennis partners but I was kind of taken aback by his u-turn.

I can understand that because of our level gap we can not play much together but I was thinking that we can play atleast once in a week. Also I found that because of our age gap it was it was becoming an asymmetric relationship wherein I was able to say everything openly and frankly but he was not telling his thoughts to me frankly. Because of this asymmetry I have decided that I will not be calling him much since this does not seem to be a two-way equal or symmetrical relationship. I will leave it to him to come to me and tell whatever he wants.

L is generally a nice guy so I am sure he does not have any mean intentions. So I will still considers him as good and nice acquaitance and we will generally be nice to each other.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?