Thursday, October 21, 2004

cfs case study

CFS – Case study

I distinctly remembered that time when the neck pain started and affected my life. I was in class 10th and year was 1986. Since then I have been having something or other health related troubles.

I will try to put the major troubles/symptoms in each phase.

From 1986 to 1988

Constant and lingering Neck pain affecting sitting and work
Low activity level
probably mild depression

From 1988 to 1992

Neck pain however by 1991 I had started controlling it by simple exercises
Low activity levels
probably some depression

From 1992 to 1999

Tiredness / Fatigue
Low activity levels
probably more depression
Trouble in sleeping / Unrefreshed sleep
Acidity / Heart-burns
Constipation / bloating

From 1999 to 2002

Tiredness / Fatigue
Low activity levels
probably some depression
Unrefreshed sleep
Acidity / Heart-burns ( controlled from 2001 )
Constipation / bloating ( controlled from 2001 )

From 2003 to 2004

Tiredness / Fatigue /Low activity levels
probably some depression


I would like to put some explanation

Neck pain : This is when the onslaught of troubles happened. I think after some yeas of exercising and mentally ignoring improved this and now this is very less.

Heart-burns / bowel related problems :: I think some of it was happening due to H-pylori. After the successful Hpylori eradication in Sydney in 2001 actidity/bloating problems have completely stopped.

Depression : I never thought I am depressed but now after some analysis and introspection I am realizing that I am depressing myself sometimes if not quite often. This might be complicated and aggravating an already complicated situation.

Weight Gain / Metabolic Syndrome / Insulin Resistance :: This was what was causing weight gain , quick hunger , irritability etc.

Lack of energy :: This might be happening due to Insulin Resistance , Depression , CFS related misdirected/hyper-active immune system

CFS :: I think while per se there is no organic or physical injury but due to misfired / hyper active immune system it is unnecessarily fighting with harmless stuff. This might be the reason why several extended release medicines are causing more problems for me. Or for that matter sometimes even after a long deep sleep , my body does not feel invigorated because immune system was fighting with these things.

Current program for controlling the situation :

To increase energy supply

More eating of vegetables / fruites and home cooked food
Taking metformin 1000 gm perday to fight insulin resistance
Regular exercises by playing tennis

To make sure energy is not wasted

Avoid taking of unknown medicines and outside food.
To understand / find the safest ways to get rid of any troubling food/tablet/agent from the body

To make sure mental / psychological things are in full control

Keeping an absorbing activity writing , reading articles
Playing tennis
More socializing
Outgoing / fun /game activities
Not observing /expecting from other people
Universal Self Acceptance and Universal Other Acceptance
Self montiring and Self analysis






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?